Monday, January 17, 2011

Facing Front - THE SENTRY by Robert Crais

 The Sentry is the latest from thriller author Crais, featuring Cole and Pike, a team of do-gooders/detectives in the Los Angeles area. I really like Crais' books, but I've never really liked his covers. Take this one, the US cover. It has a photo of a freeway, a sunset and some palm trees, all layered with varying opacity with the trademark "New York Times Bestseller" block capitals. I do like the layers of oranges though, so it gets bumped a notch.

3/5

I think this is the UK cover, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a little more creative, but I actually like it less. The figure in the foreground looks nothing like the character of Joe Pike (For one thing, he never seems to wear anything with sleeves) and so far in the novel, a bridge hasn't featured once. The weird pointy middle prong of that E bothers me too.
2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers